How to Winterize a Beehive – Part 1
Winter is coming you need to start preparing in late August. Come and learn the steps for winter survival.
Ken Warchol will take us through the steps to prepare:
- Feed syrup in the fall.
- Leave enough honey in the hive.
- Wrap your hive (optional)
- Ventilate the hive.
- Use the narrowest opening on the entrance reducer.
- Protect the entrance from mice.
- Control Varroa mites.
- Combine weak hives.
* As always stay for our FREE Raffle at the end of the meeting.
Please bring a dessert or snack to share. We will supply the drinks.
As beekeepers, we all know it is essential to have the proper protective equipment when approaching a beehive. No one enjoys being stung by bees, and a proper fitting suit, veil, and gloves will ensure safety from those pains. Please be safe and wear your protective suits or veils.